An Interview with Heavens Stitches, July 2025

 What do you sell/make?

Heavens Stitches sells an assortment of accessories, clothing/functional wear, and art. My most popular products are patches that I create with linocut that include all original designs. My hair bows also sell very well! I include a variety of ribbon and buttons, so anyone can find one they like. 



Tell me about yourself as a creator! What got you interested in starting a business/making your products? 

I’ve always been interested in art and music, so eventually this drew me towards the local Houston [Texas] scene. I wanted to be a part of my community somehow, so I started my business! I’ve also always wanted to get my name out there with my art, so this was a fun way to start my journey. 


  



What is it about fiber work that interests you? (purses/bags, clothes, patches, etc.)

I like creating with fiber work because it’s very functional. I grew a love for sewing because of all the small handmade details that go into the process. The same with patches, clothes and everything else. It’s a hands on process that makes me feel most connected to my work. 


  

Tell me about your new line of bags! What was the inspiration behind them? Why bags specifically?

The new line of bags I recently put out, the main goal was to have alternative people in my community have a chance to buy one for less than larger companies out there. Each bag drew inspiration from patterns that people are into right now and a mix of different bags I’ve researched about in terms of shape. I am pretty girly myself, so I was a bit excited to make something like purses. All of my purses are hand sewn, designed by myself, and all under $35. 

I want Heavens Stitches to be as inclusive and affordable as possible for my community, so anyone, no matter what they look like, can feel comfortable. I grew up constantly feeling like an outcast for being more alternative than the rest of my peers, but I found my home. I want anyone else who struggles to know they can be who they are without having to spend so much money. Everything I sell is under $35, and I often give deals/freebies. 


  

What keeps you motivated to continue creating? 

My community keeps me motivated to push myself and my business further! I started Heavens Stitches in October of last year, and I have already made so many friends. The amount of support I have received has been insane and I can’t help but thank anyone who has ever bought something or just said hi! 


  

What do you hope to accomplish with your business overall?

I hope to accomplish a stronger community for young individuals who want to feel more themselves with my business. I am only 18, but I want to make a change on my city and the world. I wish to get my name out there and to be someone who can help others. 


  

Where do you sell? (art festivals, store front, online?)

I currently only sell at markets/concert gigs. You can typically see me at any small venue show, or art market. To know where I’ll be at next, I post everything to my instagram. By the end of this year I plan on having some sort of website, so my products can be found easier. 


instagram.com/heavenstitches.htx/









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Beefcake, July 2025

An Interview with Kylie Rowland, July 2025

An Interview with Berzerko, July 2022