An Interview with Infectious Mold, October 2024



What do you sell/make?


I would consider myself a fairly eclectic artist, I like to try all sorts of mediums and techniques for creating my work!  My staple products are stickers, handmade zines, and I just recently added buttons to my shop.



Tell me about yourself as a creator! What got you interested in starting a business/selling your comics? What keeps you motivated to continue creating? 


 For a couple years I was waffling on making a business front for my work, I had all sorts of imposter syndrome and was convinced my work was nowhere near worth selling. About a year ago some friends finally convinced me to set up an Etsy shop.  Since then I’ve been overwhelmed with the responses of happy customers who genuinely enjoy my work and my stories! 




Tell me about your creative process! do you tend to focus more on the writing/story telling or the visual aspect? Which usually comes first and where do you tend to draw inspiration from?


My creative process is uber messy.  A story or a piece can be inspired by any number of factors, for example: I started a story about queer angels in love after vividly visualizing the end of their story, but more recently I started a comic about disabled robots in the 26th century because I was angry about the American Healthcare system.  At the end of the day, my inspirations are often derived from a mixture of current events, past events, and the patterns they create in my mind.  



What do you hope to accomplish with your business?


At the end of the day, I hope that my shop will function as a space to share my stories with all those who will enjoy it and connect to it.  


Where do you sell? (art festivals, store front, online?)


I’m not only active on Etsy and doing my best to add more new and cool pieces to my shop, I can also be found in the New Hampshire area at various events!


InfectiousMold.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Beefcake, July 2025

An Interview with LiteBug, July 2025

An Interview with Eldritchsaxes, August 2026