An Interview with Anne of The Football Team Creative, October 2024
Tell me about you/your role in the Football Team!
my role in the football team is Vice President: Director of Membership. I try to keep in touch with all the members and make sure everyone feels safe and is having fun. As the year has gone on I’ve been listening to what people want and what needs to change and making sure that the Football Team is always a changing community that the members want to be a part of!
What is your mission? (why did you join and what interested you in working in recruitment?)
- I wanted to join leadership (specifically recruitment) because I really really enjoy the company of the Football Team members. A lot of really cool people are attracted to the club and it’s just a really wonderful space and being able to help cultivate it is such an honor.
What do you hope to accomplish? What sort of progress/change do you strive towards with the collective?
I hope to just continue to keep people as members and bring more people in. I’ve already seen so much progress this year regarding meeting attendance and the amount of events we’ve been hosting and the hangouts we’ve been having and I love seeing all these people become friends and form relationships. I really want to plan more hangouts for fbt members as well to just enhance the familiar vibe between us all.
What do you hope to accomplish? What sort of progress/change do you strive towards with the collective?
- as far as recruiting goes, at the beginning of the school year we just invite everyone, but as the year has progressed I’ve just been inviting everyone I like interacting with to join. If I see someone and I have any sort of productive or fun conversation with them I always encourage them to join the fbt so we can hangout again. Membership open to everyone and if I think someone might be interested in joining then I let them know about it.
What does your process look like when recruiting? What/who do you look for and how do you determine when/where to recruit?
we also recruit at any shows we host by just letting people know about the fbt and how they can find out more about it if they feel like it!
In relation to that, what are your methods of recruiting? Do you find the most success through in-person events or social media/flyers?
In person recruitment is defining the best method for us. The whole fbt is about creating community with each other and the best method of doing that is by interacting with people.
(photo credit: Bianca Medina Ardizzi)
If you had infinite money & infinite resources, what would be your dream event to host?
- if infinite resources were available I’d love to do something for members specifically. Maybe a trip of some sort. I also love our house shows, so maybe an event that is similar with a bigger venue and maybe more of an all day thing with calmer bands and a family vibe during the day and more rock/punk bands at night. We also love catering to local vendors so it would be awesome to let people sell their art there as well!!
What does the average FTC meeting consist of?
an average meeting starts with an agenda, usually we talk about what events and hangouts we have coming up and then we break out into groups and talk about the details of them and what we might want to do for future events. After the meeting there are always people hanging out and talking and getting to know each other. The meeting location being at F6 is also super helpful with getting people to be comfortable. There are a few couches and comfortable chairs and lots of cool art to look at. It’s my favorite part of the week and i hope others feel the same!!
What are the benefits of joining the football team?
- everyone who joins the football team and is an active member gets free entry to events and shows. We also do lots of super chill hangouts (like Friday sunrises) and I swear it’s so healing to attend stuff like that. We also try to listen to members and cater to what they want to do. Recently some members have expressed wanting to dress up as clowns, so we’ve decided to incorporate it into our next fundraiser. People wanted to skate together so we plan it. If the people want to do it we can make it happen and it’s just really great to bounce ideas off of each other and see it all come to life.
If someone was looking to join the FTC and wanted to know more, what short overview would you give them?
I would recommend that anyone wanting to join the FBT should do a little stalking of our Instagram (specifically our posts and the “adventures” story highlight) and if they want to come to a meeting they can dm us through there and we’ll share the time and location. From there they can decide if it’s something they want to be a part of.
What is your favorite memory from the FTC?
My favorite FBT memory is our Fashion-A-Ball from last year!! It was an open event where people were invited to dress up in whatever they’d like,, it was super cool to see the range of costumes. I wore giant wings and a friend of mine wore a plastic bag and someone else wore a biblically accurate angel costume. And the bands and the decorations and the costumes and the location just brought the night to life. I made so many friends that night and I am so fond of every football team memory but that one specifically brings me an immense amount of joy.



Comments
Post a Comment