An Updated Interview with RecNarukami, January 2023


 

What is the hardest part about being a musician? 

    Hardest part about being a musician is honestly getting exposure. Especially in the scene where I’m at I feel like there’s a disconnect between the people and what art I want to create!

 

you’ve released some new music since we last talked!! tell me about the process! 

    So the last time we talked I was doing the one song a month for a year, which ended up concluding this December with the release of The Runway, my second album. The process was very similar to how it was before minus some last minute hectic distribution issues, but since i ended up transitioning away from them things have gone quite smoothly.

 

What is the craziest thing you’ve experienced as a musician? 

    Craziest thing i’ve ever experienced as a musician is honestly getting recognized in public in LA! I was at the Irvine Spectrum Center and a fan saw me and knew me from my outfit!

 

How do you feel your sound has changed since we last talked (summer 2022)?

    Currently the music I’m working on right now is very Eurodance and K-Pop inspired! I’ve basically told myself that if it doesnt hit like Blue (Da Ba Dee) or if it doesnt sound like a NewJeans song it needs to go.

 

What was your favorite show you’ve played? OR what is your dream venue?

    I’ve never gotten the chance to perform live actually, a lot of the venues ive approached only do alternative rock music or just straight up don’t like my music. I am a pretty daring artist in that sense so i guess it comes with the territory. My dream venue to perform at would be the Hollywood Bowl 100%

 

Who is your dream band/musician to collab or play with?

    Honestly i’d love to produce a song for NewJeans or Yena. I just feel like there’s so much potential there for a hit.


instagram.com/recnarukami

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Beefcake, July 2025

An Interview with LiteBug, July 2025

An Interview with Eldritchsaxes, August 2026