An Interview with Sayuri Pastel, August 2023


 

Who/what inspires your music?

    The one thing that inspires my music is my emotions, experiences and memories. I suffer from

C-PTSD and I translate that alot through songs I make and the art that I make.


How did you come up with the name?


    I originally came up with the name "Sayuri Pastel" from one of my favorite movies my mother

and I used to watch when i was younger. the movie was called "Memoirs of a Geisha" and the

main charaters name is "sayuri"

for "pastel i came from my love of chalk pastels and the soft color palettes of certain colors.


How would you describe your sound?


    I would describe my sound as "Ventcore" but mainly the genre of music i make would be

"Breakcore" and "Dark Synthwave"


If you had no choice but to become a cover artist, who would you cover?


if i could cover any band of my choosing it would definitely be the band "Daughter"


If someone wrote a book about your music, what would it be titled?


"Music from Lost Soul"


Which song of yours was the most fun to write & make?


Out of all the songs i've created the one i love the most is "Not Past Midnight" but Lately "Who

Am I" is starting to be my top favorite hahah


what are some of your musical goals for this year?


Some of my music goals this year would be to branch out and try new music video ideas for my

music. Im very experimental and love creating new things to see how it comes out!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Beefcake, July 2025

An Interview with Kylie Rowland, July 2025

An Interview with Berzerko, July 2022