An Interview with Nemy, July 2022
Who/what inspires your music?
It might just be easier to say what doesn’t inspire my music, I’m very influenced by everything from soundtracks, to noises outside. It all gives me inspiration to make music. Some of the artist that i take the most inspiration from are Prince, Sonic Youth, and lots of Outkast.
How did you come up with the name?
The name “Nemy” is actually a nickname my brother gave to me. I don’t know how he came up with it nor do I know why it stuck.
How would you describe your sound?
Mostly I would say it’s a mixture of punk and rap music, but I also have songs with noise aspects, and rnb, house, indie music, psychedelic rock, it’s a good mixture of a bunch of stuff really.
If you had no choice but to become a cover band, who would you cover?
Definitely this artist named “Clearance James” I feel like his songs would be so much fun to play, and i absolutely luv his sound.
What is the hardest part about being a musician?
At the level im currently at, it’s definitely balancing sleep and music. I always get random inspiration at random times through out the day, and my brain won’t allow me to go to sleep until i get it done, so that usually ends up with me not going to sleep until 6 or 7am.
What is your end goal?
My end goal is to be able to do music full time. It would just be great to just do music all the time, obviously once that happens i will move into other avenues such as acting and painting, and just other hobbies of mine.
If someone wrote a book about your music, what would it be titled?
“Distorted Thoughts”
If a middle aged white man wrote a review on your music, what would it most likely say?
It would most likely fuck up their ear drums, my musics pretty loud and has lots of intense parts, definitely wouldn’t like it, they would probably go deaf after listening to a whole album of mine.
What is the craziest/coolest thing you’ve experienced as a musician?
The shows for sure, I luv luv luv preforming live, just all the interactions with people, and there’s really not a better feeling than killing a show. Literally feel like god afterwards
Which song of yours was the most fun to write & make?
Definitely this song called “WASSUP WITCU” by me and my friend xdrool. Everything about the process of that song was fun, which is weird because it really sounded bad at first then out of nowhere it just started sounding good. If you haven’t please go listen to that song I love it so much.
What is your dream venue?
Honestly my dream venue is preforming in an abandoned place, I would luv to play in like an abandoned warehouse or something, i think that would be amazing.

Comments
Post a Comment